Saturday, January 20, 2018

Too Good To Be True

Cleaning the shower has proven to be the toughest task. It takes strong chemicals to get it partially clean. That's been my approach for years. I have heard of the white vinegar/Dawn blend for the do-it-yourself approach. It sounds too simple. It can't work well. I kept up with the harsh chemicals until one day when we ran out. Then I remembered the white vinegar/Dawn. A quick Google search yielded a recipe. I mixed some up last weekend and tried it.

The smell is a bit weird. Not harsh like chemical but not like perfume. It squirts out thick and it takes some work. I left it for 30 minutes. Then, with a little elbow grease, the softened scum cleans right off! I wouldn't have believed it. The glass doors clean up great, and a water-resistant residue is left behind to keep it clean longer. Note: I had to touch it up with a Windex-type cleaner to clean a little soap residue off.

I read about heating the vinegar after I used the first batch. Maybe the second batch I'll try it. The two ingredients seem to react and pressurize the squirt bottle. It leaks out some. Maybe this stuff is best mixed as you need it and not kept around. I'll know in time. This stuff will be my go-to for the tough scum.


No comments: