Sunday, January 7, 2018

Electrical Work

I don't like ALL handy-work but I do like electrical work. I like the tools, and the process, and the finished result. Part of the appeal is that it makes me more that a typical office worker. More than a pencil pusher. I can actually DO something useful. Over the years the list of electrical projects has grown and with each one I learn a little more. If speed was needed we should just hire an electrician but if time is available I'll take them on.

In Wilma's sewing room she needed another outlet and to have a cable TV outlet extended. I thought about how to do it for a while. For way too long. The TV cable was easy, but the 115V outlet took some time to figure out. I thought I could install one in the middle of an existing run but it proved impractical. Then I noticed an outlet close that I could tap into. Once I had a plan, it went fine. The back of the wall is open studs so I didn't have to fish it in. I HATE to fish in through studs. With that in mind, I guess I should say that I like electrical projects as long as they aren't too difficult.

So, this project is done. When I saw the tools all laying around, I knew I had to sketch them. It's late at night now, and I was sketching. When Wilma figured what I was losing sleep to do, she gave me 'that look'. That's OK.  I got the itch . . . I need to scratch it!

No comments: