Thursday, July 25, 2024

Sketch Workshop Sketchout

 I spent a week at a workshop for watercolor sketching. This was at the Madeline Island School of the Arts. We had four instructors from overseas, all specializing in mobile watercolor sketching/painting. This is my third class at MISA. I just love it there! It's a short ferry hop from Bayfield, WI. On the Thursday night of our week-long workshop the instructors suggested a sketchout at a local pub. 

This is my first totally watercolor journal entry. My "standard" is watercolor pencils. I wanted this workshop because it would push me to try watercolors. I've taken a couple on-line classes in watercolor, which got me started. It also required me to buy a lot of tubes of paint. However, can one really own too many art supplies? Not. It felt great to finally start using them. Much to learn but I'm on my way.

Fountain pen, watercolors, enhanced with colored pencils. 




No comments: