Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Some Scenery on Business Travel

I spent a day inspecting some utility construction of one of our member coops. Coming back I drove through my Alma matter, K-State. I love to visit Manhattan, with it's coffee shops, grab a bite, and visit either the K-State Union bookstore or its rival, Varney's bookstore. This time it was Varney's and I picked up a new product for me - Art Alternative's "Pen & Ink" fountain pen and their 3.5"x5.5" sketch book that copies the Moleskine style. Then, while driving out of town I stopped at a scenic overview of the Kansas River Valley at sundown to try it all out. They built this neat stop after I graduated. So, here's the first sketch with that pen and that sketch book. The pen is $16, a bottle of ink was $6 and the book was cheaper, too. Seems to be entry level stuff, but it seems to work good so far. Next I'll check the claim that the ink is waterproof for using watercolors.

2 comments:

Cheryl Gebhart said...

I've heard of this pen. I'll be interested to see how you like it after you've used it awhile. Nice sketches.

Cool Math Games for Kids said...

Nice hand made sketching!