Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just Saturday


It's just been a quiet Saturday, working around the house. Took some time today to clean out a corner of the basement. We've been saving used boxes, but it's time for them to go. Lately I just got irritated when I looked over to see the messy stack, and today there was time to take care of it. I feel better now.

Also cooked up some Red Quinoa Porridge. Recipe was in the box of Quinoa (small beads of whole grain from South America). We'll have it tomorrow. Very simple ingredients. Wilma is not impressed with how it looks. I think it has potential. My observation is that if you're going to pursue eating healthier, you keep an open mind. If you only eat what you've always eaten and you're gaining weight, you'll never loose weight. We'll try a bunch of recipes. There's common ground somewhere.

8 comments:

Alissa said...

Great page - the knife was in a good pose for you to draw it!
Normal porridge oats are unappetising to look at (cooked or uncooked), but delicious so there maybe hope for Quinoa

Unknown said...

This reminds me of that stack of boxes I've been collecting, thinking, one day I might need them! But is rare that I need one! Wonderful sketch! It must feel great to have the psychological weight of the boxes off your shoulders!

Anonymous said...

Great sketch page! Nicely done!

Cheryl Gebhart said...

You need to convince my DH that there are limits on empty boxes - he saves them too. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the porridge - I've never eaten Quinoa.

And another great sketch BTW.

nanke's stuff said...

Ah yes, the corner of boxes ... we have one, too! The quinoa porridge sounds intriguing - let us know how you like it. Nice drawings and cozy post! nancy

Patsy Taylor-Craw said...

What is it about basements that draw boxes to them like magnets? Very nice sketch & a job well done.

Sandy said...

Your sketches are always so endearing - This is a Perfect Every Day Matters spread!!

Leslie said...

John, I love your journal pages and your comments! :)

I had quinoa at a breakfast buffet one time in a fancy hotel. It was fantastic!!! I bought some of the grain itself and haven't been able to figure out how to cook it. The directions say to "rinse and drain"... how in the world do you do that when the grains are so small??

Hope yours turns out great!