Sunday, February 18, 2024

How Many Is Enough?

 Over the years, things accumulate. We've had 40 years of travel and I like to buy coffee cups to prompt the memories as I get older. Thus, a huge selection of coffee cups. Wilma and I would always disagree on how many I NEED. With her gone, I can be guilt-free on how many I NEED. 

So, I attacked my collection this week. I pulled them all down from the cupboard and set them on the kitchen island. This had to be sketched!

If you read the sketch, I ended up with 70 coffee cups. BUT some have already been repurposed to hold pens, pencils and loose change, some are hot/cold travel cups (don't count since they are dual-use), and some are easy to give away.

Final count: 31 

Yes, I concede I only NEED one. But that's no fun. I love the memories in each cup. If Wilma's ghost haunts me, I will reconsider. 




No comments: