Saturday, July 11, 2020

A New Routine

I think this place will be seeing a lot of me in the following months. It is the Cancer Center. Today is just a bone scan to assess any possible spread of the cancer. The radioactive injection is three hours before the actual scan, and I'm on my own for that time. So - SKETCH! I set up my lawn chair out in the parking lot and bought a high-end coffee from the Roasterie kiosk and immersed myself in the process. It's been too long since I've sketched. It's like meeting an old friend to spend time.


Trivia - this building does not have a blue roof on the middle section. I felt that the grey on brick color scheme needed to be spruced up. Seeing the finished sketch I don't think blue was the correct accent color, but it's still better than grey on brick. I'm always amazed at how hard cars are to sketch. I have long realized I just need to go out and sketch them more often, like my need to sketch people. Just don't seem to get it done, though.



No comments: