Monday, January 7, 2019

January sketchcrawl: UrbanSkechersKC

Finally got out for some sketching this weekend. I just haven't been out much. The Kansas City group organized a sketch crawl at the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in Kansas City. Wilma and I have seen the sign to it for many years and just never made it. This gave the perfect excuse to get there! I learned a lot and enjoyed taking it all in. Thirty five years of league play and mostly east of the Mississippi. It's sure not the best chapter in American history. Diversity proved to be better for the game.

I wish Topeka or Lawrence would have something for sketchers. The 68 mile drive to KC to sketch is a bit much but I figure it is still the closest I have. I can't make all of the outings but I pick the most interesting. The group of sketchers is friendly, too. Most of them just come for the sketching, but plenty stick around for lunch and to chat. I'm still in the 'new kid' mode and haven't gotten to know any individuals well yet. That will come in time.

No comments: