Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Break 2010

This year we decided to check out Santa Fe for our daughter's Spring Break (her idea). We've visited once before a few years ago and wanted another look. Made a 4-day holiday out of last weekend and took Amtrak from Kansas City to Lamy (closest train depot).



The main purpose of the trip is a family short vacation with a full schedule of things to do. I usually like a loose schedule with a few anchor events, but when time is short ya gotta keep moving. So, travel journaling had to take back seat and I sketched when I could work it in. Luckily I still managed to get most sketching done on the trip. The writing and maps followed when I got home.




That's it for this trip. Don't know if my travel sketch process will stay the same forever, but it works for now.

9 comments:

Kevin Kennedy said...

I love these pages of yours john, I love seeing all that writing accompanying your drawings!

Barbara said...

Great pages, John? Are you a railroad buff? I live with one, a real one!

Patsy Taylor-Craw said...

You sketch the most wonderful pages. It sounds like you had a very full, fun time.

nanke's stuff said...

What a wonderful description of a wonderful time! It brought back many fine memories for me. My parents retired to NM, and I've been there many times. I love Santa Fe - Taos is another favorite of mine. Thanks for the lovely trip! nancy

Cheryl Gebhart said...

Sounds like you had a good time (except for the melted truffles - but at least you ate them anyway!). Glad you got in a bit of sketching. I want to see Jessica's store someday too.

Ramona Davidson said...

Awesome journal pages. Good work.

Unknown said...

I wish I had done a better job on my last vacation! You've done an excellent job and you'll be able to look back at these and remember everything like it was yesterday! Wonderful pages!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the trip with you folks--and got a chance to use my new find at Marshalls of a beautiful cut glass heavy handled magnifying glass---I didn't miss a thing!
The truffles price made them Truffle Expensive Treasure Treats..
all the things you mention are fun to read about and I'm happy to have gotten your blog...Winna

Sandy said...

Fabulous travel log - just fabulous, you told and showed so much - full of info and fun and I feel like I tagged along!! Love it!