Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hunting, Day 2

Busy time of year. Holidays and hunting season means typical routines, like sketch journaling, get interrupted or modified. I was finally able to make a sketch on my second day of white-tail deer hunting. So far the deer have made it untouched (my luck the last couple years). Haven't seen any yet, but we have tracks all over the place. Today was a beautiful day to sit and watch nothing. It's enjoyable to be settled in before sunrise, in the cold, to watch the fields wake up. My good old turkeys strut by and mosey along. They don't mind me and I love to watch them. Broke out the sketch gear and did the whole page from my ground blind. Kept the water brush in shirt pocket to keep it from freezing. It all works fine, even with gloves. Finished drawings may be another story, though. I'll stick to sketching.

4 comments:

donna said...

Very realistic drawing of the Remington. Great composition.

Anonymous said...

as usual I love to see and read your entries..they are always in the right spirit and well done! winna
http://winnasworld.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Well I've never been hunting but I certainly like venison! Nice drawing.

Alan said...

Haven't been hunting in ages. When I did it was mostly pheasant.