Wednesday, May 8, 2024

The Nicest Restaurant I Never Ate At

 Sometimes travel doesn't go as planned. I had a trip to a small town in Missouri. In my spare time I could see a plan develop. A neat coffee shop close by that I can sketch in! Got there at closing time. But a neat mostly restored old mill was close! Tour closed. Restaurant open but I just ate elsewhere. Oh well. I had time to sketch nearby with a view of the mill and water rushing close by. It was a sunny day with perfect temperature and I had the time. Who needs a plan?

The steel truss bridges remind me of some bridges we have on our rail-to-trails back home in Kansas. Love the design and feel.

Fountain pen, watercolor pencils and waterbrush. I used a spare empty half pan to create a wash from pencil pigments to use for the sky (a new trick I'm trying). 


No comments: