Monday, July 13, 2020

4th of July Campout

Usually, by this time of year our extended family has had two camp-outs, but not in a COVID-19 year. We finally make it out for our July 4 traditional camp-out. Bathrooms were open this time but labeled "Use At Own Risk". We use the one in our trailer. Most of our regulars were here but, as we are all growing older, fewer are still active campers. I had the chance to get jamming in with Ed to entertain the clan by fireside. This is a high point for me! It's the perfect setting.

On the second night Ed was busy with other family obligations.  We had a fire at our camper and some others came over but left early. I had some time by our fireside to do some solo playing. However, it was into the Quiet Hours (10 p.m.-6 a.m.), and a park ranger came over to shut me down after a half hour. A regular occurrence for me. I'm always amazed that playing and singing is considered illegal behavior. It's acoustic! The sound doesn't travel that far and I may not be professional but I can hold a tune, but we are still breaking the law.

Trivia - it's never too hot for a fire! We sweat through the day but we love the fire at night. And my wife and I had Smores one night. Timeless!

No comments: